Monday 18 October 2010

Sridevi's Awards and Accolades: A comprehensive list of the Indian Actress' legendary achievements


As fans, it comes as no surprise that we feel Sridevi has been robbed several times of the coveted trophy. Here's the verified, comprehensive list of awards and accolades awarded to Sridevi over her illustrious, resplendent, polyglot career and lifetime. 

And then... the posthumous ones listed at the very bottom of the list. 

From Filmfare:

Sridevi says, "I'm very excited when I win an award for a Telugu or Tamil film. Kshana Kshanam was in my mother tongue Telugu, and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Despite my commitments in Bombay, I like doing an occasional film in South. I choose my assignments on the basis of the banner and the director. That automatically ensures that I will have a good role in the film."

"I avoid films that do not give importance to my characterisation. Double roles are my favourite, as they allow me to add various shades to the dual-performance. I've worked with all top heroes in the South like Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna, and Venkatesh (my co-star in Kshana Kshanam). But it's only in Bombay that there's much hue and cry when I sign a film with Salman Khan or Rahul Roy!"

"This is my fourth Filmfare award after the Tamil film Meendum Kokila in '81, Chaalbaaz in '89 and Lamhe in '91."

-- Sridevi speaks to Filmfare magazine, just after winning an award in 1993.


Memorable Awards:


click to enlarge

  • 1970 Kerala State Film Award for the Best Child Artist Poombatta

Sridevi's first Best Actress Filmfare Award in 1982










Best Actress 1981

 
  • 2003 MAMI Award for Excellent Contribution to Hindi Cinema
  • 2003 Lachchu Maharaj Award 
  • 2004 Dr. Akkineni Lifetime Achievement award winner
  • 2005 Vamsee Art Theatres International's Lifetime Achievement Award
  • 2008 FICCI Frames Living Legend in Entertainment Award
  • 2009 Lifetime achievement award at the 33rd Cairo International Film Festival (CIFF)



Sridevi's Stardust Award for English Vinglish (2012).




Sridevi conferred the Padma Shree in 2013







This 1992 picture shows Sridevi receiving an award for the Superstar of the Year.
Source: Express Archives at Indian Express.
















































Sridevi with Shatrughan Sinha






Sridevi and Anil Kapoor win the Star & Style awards
for Best Actress and Best Actor for Mr India (1987)


UPDATE: POSTHUMOUS AWARDS FOR SRIDEVI

  • National Award for Sridevi for the film Mom



  • Sridevi wins Best Actress IIFA Award for the film Mom




Sridevi honoured in 2018

1 comment:

  1. Sridevi was also awarded Filmfare Best Actress for Mr. India and Nagina only recently because the award ceremony were not held both the years when the film released.

    ReplyDelete