Friday 5 November 2010

Mithun Chakraborthy with Sridevi: The on set saga

Oh my... the tempestuous relationship between the Bollywood 1980s heartthrobs Sridevi and Mithun Chakraborthy. So much was written and said about this alleged couple in the unreliable film media and tabloid sensationalism - where fact was less interesting than fiction - that we are lost about how to write about this ignominious chapter in Sridevi's life. No one will ever know the truth, except... they themselves.

Excerpt from an interview with Mithun Chakraborthy:

Mithun will never be the same again without... Sridevi.

The name drops like a bombshell. I expect a horrible explosion in the confined space of the van. But he is prepared. "I worked with her in two-three films, she's a fabulous artiste and... she's the number-one actress."

Agreed. Professionally. And personally?

"I never knew her, I don't know her and I do not wish to know her."


-- Interview by Nina Arora, MOVIE magazine, April 1992. 
Page 49!




No comments:

Post a Comment